Posts tagged ‘grommets’
August 24, 2019
Great news! The machine I’ve been hoping and longing for has finally arrived. No, it’s not a human baby, it’s a foot press for securing snaps without sewing, grommets and rivets without pounding… and as far I can tell, attaching whatever hardware a design may call for.
The last time I needed snaps regularly was with my reclaimed fabric children’s line, in which I used a 3-piece hard plastic assembly to hold my snaps in place while I fumbled for the hammer and whacked the snap (and my thumbs) into place. Now I am set up to use this little baby for ligne 20 ring snaps – once the dies are set up, all I need to do is set the hardware in the dies and step on the pedal. I will use both hands to grip the fabric and there will be no hammering. It takes a fraction of the time. So, less tedium for me and less $$$ for you and your customers. Other fabulous features:
- machine base is 20″ X 20″ – nice and compact for a low-overhead studio and completely moveable
- a built-in hardware tray! No searching for studs and sockets
- fresh coat of paint thanks to its former owner, “Jim”
- a history: it was an extra from the J.W. Hulme bag factory in St. Paul
- 1/4 of the price of a new machine. YES
I am planning to give it a spin this week with a set of canvas totes – I can’t wait to see it in action.